Tuesday, December 27, 2011

a grain of rice is a lot bigger than an atom

I hate it when I go to websites and learn that if I donate money, I'll feed _____ amount of children. I hate it when I see all these great things people are doing, such as Sami Yusuf, WFP, etc. because I, too, really want to just do something. I wanna help and get involved and be like the other active youngsters around the world. I wish I could just help the world so much that I alone make a big difference. It's annoying when you see things on the internet asking if you want to help a little girl in Afghanistan or Nigeria or Bangladesh or Palestine or Somalia, or wherever achieve her dreams - get her an education to be the journalist she's always wanted to become. I hate it when I see that because I'm like "YES! YES, I DO WANT TO HELP!" And I click it, and it asks me to donate. I feel like I'll never get anything done until I am an adult out of college with a job with my own pay. I can't do anything because I'm not making money myself. It's so...disappointing, upsetting, obnoxious even, that I just have to wait. Life (mine and the chilld's) is slipping away, I want to help, but oh, I can't do anything about it. Ugh! I want to be active. There needs to be some alternative than just donating. I would give up much of my time if I could help any other way.





If anyone at all knows websites or programs/foundations that have other ways of doing this please let me know. The only one I know of is FreeRice. Sometimes people feel like they're not actually making a difference by playing but they ARE.
 [Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it!]—Holy Qur'an, sura 99 Az-Zalzala, ayat 7-8

[Surely God does not do injustice to the weight of an atom, and if it is a good deed He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward.]—Holy Qur'an, sura 4 An-Nisa, ayah 40
You can play here.
Allah Hafiz. [May God be with you.]

2 comments:

  1. Salam Aysha,

    I wonder if I am the only person who reads your blog, too bad because I like it :)
    Also, I wonder what we minors can do to help people to get food and a better life other than donating money we don't earn...
    Thank you very much for showing me that website I just signed up :-)
    Severine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walaikum As-Salaam :)
    It is very encouraging to know that there is SOMEONE who reads my blog. I know my work is not going to waste now. Thank you. You are so welcome about the FreeRice website. Remember that however little or much you do, it is making a difference. JazakAllah.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts