Friday, March 30, 2012

Smile, darlings

Strange Miracle
O Wondrous creatures,
By what strange miracle
Do you so often
Not smile?







   
Forever Dance
I am happy even before i have a reason.
I am full of Light even before the sky
Can greet the sun or moon.
Dear companions,
We have been in love with God
For so very, very long.
What can Hafiz now do but Forever
Dance!
 

My Brilliant Image
One day
the sun admitted,
I am just a shadow.
I wish I could show you
The infinite Incandescence
That had cast my brilliant image!
I wish I could show you,
When you are lonely or in darkness,
The Astonishing Light
Of your own Being!


*All poems by Hafez. Photo credits to my little sister (:

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! You don't write often enough! Come on, Aysha...PLEASE!

    I love you, Appi.

    Anum

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts